The stressors of 2020 have been challenging, and if you feel they’ve knocked you off course in your wellness journey, take solace knowing support is available for you.
Asante is offering free courses as part of its BodyFIT program. There are two course options: The six-month-long Medical Weight Management for people with a body mass index of 30 or higher and year-long Risk Prevention for those with a BMI of 25 or higher.
Learn more in these FAQs »
Both offer guidance on nutrition, physical activity, stress management, sleep management and behavior change. Both are based on behavioral and weight science and use fully integrated therapies (FIT) to:
- Improve your metabolic health (blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol and lipid profile, etc.), possibly reducing your need for medications
- Help you develop a non-dieting approach to healthy eating and nutrition
- Promote self-empowerment and self-responsibility
- Provide you with the tools for long-term lifestyle changes
- Achieve and maintain weight loss
- Develop peer-to-peer support to help manage setbacks and get back on track quickly
The BodyFIT program is open to any benefit eligible Asante employee, spouse or dependents 18 or older. The courses are not intended for anyone who has had bariatric surgery, is pregnant or is trying to get pregnant.
Those interested may invite others to join them on the journey. Scientific studies have shown that partnerships lead to better success with lifestyle change. Co-workers and family can really help make or break your daily goals. Please consider who in your departments or clinics or homes might want to partner with you.
Those who do not align with these groups but want support with healthy lifestyle changes may email Asante Health Promotion for one-on-one coaching.
2020 BODYFIT CLASSES
All classes take place online through WebEx.
- Mondays, 6 to 7 p.m. starting Jan. 25
- Tuesdays, 6:15 to 7:15 p.m. starting April 13
- Wednesdays, 7 to 8 a.m. starting July 28
- Thursdays, 5 to 6 p.m. starting Oct. 14
For details, email Asante Health Promotion.
Medical Weight Management
- Thursdays, 6 to 7 p.m. starting March 4
- Tuesdays, noon to 1 p.m. starting June 22
- Saturdays, 9 to 10 a.m. starting Sept. 11
- Wednesdays 4 to 5 p.m. starting Oct. 27
For details, email BodyFitMWM.
If you need answers for a personal work matter, please contact the author or department directly instead of leaving a comment.