MyAsanteNET gets an upgrade and a facelift
Asante’s employee intranet will look a bit different on Sept. 30. That’s the day the site goes live on its new platform, the same platform used for our public website, Asante.org.
ITS and Document Control have worked for months to move thousands of documents from the existing site over to the new platform to ensure that all links remain intact. Nearly 200 department content masters have received training on how to post and maintain information on the new platform.
When myAsanteNET was built, Asante had innovative ideas for our intranet platform that required some custom development work by Asante’s web vendor. Over the years, the customization that took place to some of the modules (the employee directory, classified ads, daily census data graphs and the online medical library) has limited our ability to stay current and receive the scheduled updates to the myAsanteNET content management system platform. By moving to the new content management system we can stay current with the latest functionality and continue to expand our features in the future.
The new intranet’s layout is similar to the current intranet, but typography and colors now match Asante brand standards. The site’s organization remains the same, with links to our forms, policies, employee directory applications, departmental landing web pages, myHR and more. The hospitals’ cafeteria menus, one of the intranet’s most popular features, will remain on the home page.
The first time you access the updated myAsanteNET site, you may may see a one-time prompt to sign-in. Please use your Asante network login to access.
Some of the custom features built into the old site, however, are incompatible with the new platform and will be going away. These include:
- The classified ads module.
- The online medical library. The online web-based forms article and search requests will remain.
- The physician directory has been replaced with our new MD staff provider directory, which is maintained by the Asante credentialing group.
- Daily census graphs on the home page (employees who have reporting access in Epic can run census reports).
- The employee directory remains but the custom-built organization tree that shows who the person reports to will go away.
As a bonus to the upgrade, the search engine will be updated to make it easier to find pages, documents, forms, etc.