Open enrollment for 2024 ends Nov. 15
It’s that time of year when employees get a peek at their 2024 Employee Benefits Plan. During the Nov. 1–15 open enrollment period, you’ll be able to change your health plan options, speak with representatives from our many benefits vendors and get at-the-elbow support from the Asante Benefits team to complete your online enrollment.
Here’s what’s new for 2024
Health plans and rates
- Office visits for primary care and mental health, along with telehealth appointments, have no copay for APP providers (Category 1) on the Asante Reimbursement Health Plan. (The open enrollment brochure misstated that the zero copay applied to Asante Health Network providers.) Likewise, there will be no coinsurance fee after the deductible for those on the Asante Savings Health Plan if they use Category 1 providers.
- For those on the Asante Savings Health Plan, the deductible for Categories 1 and 2 will increase to $1,600 for individuals and $3,200 for families, per IRS regulations.
- The Asante PPO Health Plan will increase premium rates in 2024, but most of those costs will be borne by Asante. For dental coverage, the MetLife buy-up plan and Willamette Dental plans will see a slight increase in costs.
- Asante Immediate Care in Grants Pass (and coming next year in Medford) will have a $50 copay for PPO and HRA plans. There is no copay for the HSA plan, which remains at 10% after the deductible is met.
- The health saving account (HSA) contribution limit will increase per IRS regulations.
- Asante will be changing vendors for HSA, HRA and FSA accounts from HealthEquity to HSA Bank. More information on that will come in January.
- The contribution maximum for limited-purpose and health flexible spending accounts will rise to $3,200.
- For those on the MetLife buy-up plan, the orthodontia lifetime max will increase to $3,000.
- The FlexAccess program helps you save money on certain specialty medications by obtaining copay assistance from drug manufacturers when available. Once you start receiving this assistance, your copay will run between $0-$35 per eligible prescription. This program is available only to employees and dependents enrolled in the Asante PPO Health Plan or the Asante Reimbursement Health Plan. See Page 2 of the benefits guide for information on how to enroll.
Paid Leave Oregon
- This new program makes it easy for you to take time off to care for yourself or loved ones when you need it most, like to welcome a child into your family or to care for a sick parent. Funding for Paid Leave Oregon began on Sept. 1, 2023, and is available for employees living in Oregon. Paid Leave Oregon will coordinate with your ETO/ESDP and any short-term disability plan you are enrolled in not to exceed 100% of your regular wages and will be paid out on a weekly basis. For more details, see the Paid Leave Oregon FAQs.
For all health plans, there is an automatic opt-in for case management services through APP. This is for members who want extra help accessing health-related resources for chronic conditions. Employees can opt out of this service if they choose.
Employee Assistance Program
- Beginning Jan. 1, the Employee Assistance Program, provided by SupportLinc, will cover up to six counseling sessions (increase from four sessions previously) per family member per issue each calendar year.
New! The beWell Healthy Living Incentive
Employees and spouses enrolled in any Asante Health Plan option can lower their health care costs by completing activities in the beWell Healthy Living Incentive program. This has been redesigned for 2024, but the rewards are the same as in past years. Find details here in the 2024 Employee Benefits Plan.
If you need real-time support, the Asante Benefits team will be available virtually during open enrollment to help you make your benefits elections on myHR. The benefits specialists will be able to remote in to your computer and help you with your elections only if you are logged into your Asante computer, not a personal computer. Otherwise, you can find instructions on how to enroll through myHR on Page 4 of the 2024 benefits guide.
Talk live with representatives from Asante’s benefits vendors, no appointment necessary.
- Nov. 2: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., PST
- Nov. 14: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., PST
Visit the Asante Benefits Fair page during these hours to connect with a representative. No appointment is necessary.
- Nov. 7: 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., AACH Conference Rooms 1 and 2
- Nov. 8: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., ARRMC Carpenter Rooms
- Nov. 9: 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., ATRMC AOC Conference Room 3
Do you need to participate?
Not necessarily. Enrollment is passive, meaning your current benefits elections will roll over to 2024 automatically. You will need to enroll, however, if you want to:
- Enroll or re-enroll in a flexible spending account (FSA) for 2024.
- Make changes to your current benefits.
- Add or remove eligible dependents from coverage.
- Cash-out earned time off (ETO).
If you have questions, email Asante Benefits or call (541) 789-4551. You can also submit a case in the Ask HR section of myHR.
Take charge of your health costs
Learn about deductibles, copays, out-of-pocket maximums and more with this handy guide from the Asante Benefits team.
If you have a question, please contact the author or relevant department directly.