For 2024, introducing the beWell Healthy Living Incentive
Once again, employees can earn contributions toward their health savings or health reimbursement accounts in 2024 by completing healthy activities. But next year’s incentive program looks a little different.
For starters, it’s now called the beWell Healthy Living Incentive, and it offers five ways employees and their covered spouses can earn up to $1,350, depending on their plan. The more activities you complete, the higher your incentive. Activities include:
- Annual age-appropriate preventive exam. This could be a simple as an adult physical exam, a routine OB/GYN, exam, colorectal cancer screening, cervical cancer screening or routine mammogram. An establish-care visit or preventive dental and vision exams also qualify.
- Six-week interactive program on Regence Empower. Chose from 13 options: Improving Your Blood Pressure, Managing Your Stress, Improving Your Sleep, Enriching Your Emotional Wellbeing, Achieving Your Healthy Weight, Maintaining Your Healthy Weight, Building Resilience, Enhancing Your Physical Activity, Nutrition for Better Health, Quitting Tobacco, Staying Tobacco Free, Improving Your Oral Health, and Financially Fit.
- One quarterly featured challenge on Regence Empower. Challenges include Don’t Lose Your Snooze (March), Get Self-Care Aware (May) The Bright side of the Outside (July) and Better Together (December).
- Movement challenge on Regence Empower. Take a total of 500,000 steps or exercise for a total of 2,000 minutes to earn badges. Sync your mobile device or track on the Regence Empower app.
- Designate a primary care provider. All you need to do is complete an attestation on Regence Empower.
More details, including how to sign up for challenges and incentives on Regence Empower, will be provided early next year.
If you have a question, please contact the author or relevant department directly.