The vaccinated must still protect ourselves and others
So, you’re vaccinated against COVID-19. Congratulations! Thank you for your commitment to yourself, your family, our patients and our community. COVID-19 vaccines are proving they significantly protect against infection and lessen the severity of illness.
But before you burn your masks, remember that Asante’s pandemic precautions are still in effect. Current estimates show that only 22% of the population in Jackson and Josephine counties is vaccinated. This means our patients and our co-workers still may not be vaccinated, so we must continue to protect ourselves and each other.
I know many are thinking about current guidance updates from the CDC, but much of that guidance is focused on behavior outside of the workplace.
The CDC still supports the following for fully vaccinated people:
- Take precautions in public, such as wearing a well-fitted mask and physical distancing.
- Wear masks, practice physical distancing and adhere to other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people who are at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease or who have an unvaccinated household member who is at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease.
- Wear masks, maintain physical distance and practice other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple households.
- Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings.
- Get tested if you’re experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Follow guidance issued by individual employers.
- Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations.
We will continue to update as guidelines change. For now, all employees must continue to follow current Asante policies and guidance.
Still on the fence about the COVID-19 vaccines?
If you are not vaccinated and still unsure about getting vaccinated, please take the time to watch Dr. Kirsten Schutte’s well-researched presentation, “Mythbusting COVID-19 Vaccines” on the vaccines’ design, safety and efficacy.
Ready to give it a shot?
If you are ready to get vaccinated, you can schedule your vaccine and check in in advance through your Asante MyChart account or call (541) 789-2813, Option 2.
Remember, Asante employees who are fully vaccinated may be eligible for a $200 bonus on their next paycheck. You can confirm your vaccination status on MyChart. (If you’re just now signing up for MyChart to receive the bonus it may take a while for the vaccination attestation/question to appear in the app. Be sure to check back after April 19.)
If you have a question, please contact the author or relevant department directly.