Asante’s Got Talent — and will show it off Sept. 29
UPDATE: THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO 2024
The entries are in, and 10 acts by Asante employees will be featured in our first-ever talent show! The lineup features vocal solos, a four-piece band, instrumental performances and dance. Performers include:
- Viridiana Jimenez, a lab scientist and Mariachi singer.
- ATRMC ER tech Ken Moore, who will sing solo.
- Doug Ward and his daughters, who will perform a dance.
- Christine Pierce, RN, of ATRMC’s Family Birth Center, whose instrumental act will be shown via recorded video.
- Monica Myers, patient service representative, who will sing a solo.
- APP’s Paul Coombs, whose act involves a lip sync.
- Shonna Zimmerman of Asante Foundation, who will play an instrument (we’ll leave that as a surprise).
- Genevieve Predmore, an ITS supervisor, who will perform with her band, Tension Deficit.
- Epic analyst Dee-Marie Broyles will perform a vocal solo.
- APP’s Bruce Budmayr, who will perform a vocal solo.
The show will be emceed by Doug Ward, vice president of Operations for APP and AHN, and Kitty Sallas, APP patient experience coordinator.
Each act will be rated by a panel of “celebrity judges”: Asante Board Member Peter Angstadt, Chief Medical Officer Dr. Jamie Grebosky, and Chief Nursing Officer Amanda Kotler. The acts will be evaluated for creativity, stage presence, skill level and more. Highest scorers will receive a commemorative award. There also will be a People’s Choice award chosen by the audience, who will vote on an app.
The show runs 7 to 9 p.m. at Smullin Education Center on the ARRMC campus. Admission is free and includes door prizes. It will be simulcast via MS Teams, so add this meeting link to your calendar.
If you can’t attend the live event, log into Teams and watch online.
Because not all talent involves performing, there will be a gallery exhibition in the lobby of Smullin Center featuring the work of our creative employees.
Look for exhibits in photography, fine art, wood carving and textiles from Colleen Beaver, Terry Croft, Susan French, Rick Heumann, Renee Kraft, Stephanie McMaster, Heather Ralph, Elizabeth Schrey and Lapis Soule.
Download the flyer.
If you need answers for a personal work matter, please contact the author or department directly instead of leaving a comment.