Earn credits toward your health 2021 premiums
Asante employees and their covered spouse can earn credits toward their 2021 Asante Health Plan premium by participating in a biometric screening and online healthy lifestyle assessment. Biometric screening appointments are available from now until Dec. 21.
As you know, to earn credits — which range from $208 to $650, depending on your plan — you’ll need to complete a two-step process:
Step one: Biometric screening
This brief exam takes your height, weight, waist circumference, blood pressure, total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol and blood glucose. On-site appointments are available through Dec. 21 by appointment. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, screenings will take place in Asante Work Health clinics. (Details on locations will be provided when you sign up.)
This year you’ll be asked questions about COVID symptoms and exposure when you make the appointment and again when you arrive at your appointment. Anyone with symptoms or exposure risk should not schedule and appointment until the symptoms or exposure risk have subsided. Appointments are now 20 minutes to allow for COVID screening questions and cleaning protocols between appointments.
If you don’t want to schedule an on-site appointment, you can have your primary care provider perform a preventive evaluation. Exams performed after Jan. 1, 2020, qualify. Have your provider complete the PCP-form and follow up to ensure Asante Health Promotion received the fax. The form must be sent no later than 5 p.m. on Dec. 31.
Step two: Online assessment
This is now done through MyChart and must be completed by Dec. 31. Once you have had your biometric screening, MyChart will send you a message to complete the Healthy Lifestyle Assessment. If you don’t have a MyChart account, sign up for one here.
Know Your Numbers is a year-around campaign; however this year’s on-site biometric screenings were halted due to COVID. Because of this, most Asante employees have not yet been screened for 2020, which means appointments will fill up quickly. Please keep your appointment and arrive on time. Those who arrive five minutes or more late may be rescheduled.
What to expect at a biometric screening
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands before and after the appointment and to wear appropriate face covering.
- Please refrain from bringing any children to the appointment with you.
- Each Work Health clinic has a designated waiting area. Please tell the staff you’re there for a biometric screening and you will be asked to take a seat and wait for a Health Promotion staff member to escort you to the biometric screening area.
- To avoid confusion and delays, each appointment should be scheduled under the correct name. Please do not make an appointment for you and your spouse under your name.
- No couples will be screened in the single 20-minute appointment; each person requires a separate appointment. Couples who want to be screened together need to schedule a 40-minute block.
- Be sure to choose the correct location in Ashland, Grants Pass or Medford. Countless times each year, people think they made an appointment in Grants Pass, when it was actually made in Ashland or Medford. If you arrive at the wrong location you can’t be screened and your appointment is wasted.
If you have a question, please contact the author or relevant department directly.