Asante-HOA partnership deepens with opening of new cancer centers
Hematology Oncology Associates providers will start seeing their patients in Asante’s new cancer centers when they open on Jan. 17, 2022.
Asante is contracting with HOA’s providers, who will remain independent, to provide outpatient clinical care at the newly expanded Helen K. Spears Cancer Center in Grants Pass and the Mary and Dick Heimann Cancer Center in Medford. Nearly 100 HOA staff are transitioning to Asante.
“The HOA providers are dedicated to delivering compassionate and clinically excellent cancer care to our community,” said Mujahid Rizvi, MD, Hematology Oncology Associates president and Asante cancer centers’ medical director. “We are excited about our transition to the new cancer centers, allowing us to bring high-quality, innovative treatments to our hematology oncology patients.”
The new, 80,160-square-foot Heimann Cancer Center will open at 3011 E. Barnett Road, Medford, as a department of Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center. The Helen K. Spears Cancer Center, a department of Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, has been expanded to 35,000 square feet at its current location, 510 SW Ramsey Ave.
Each cancer center will provide expanded clinical and support services and the latest imaging and radiation oncology technology, including:
- Diagnostic CT imaging at Grants Pass.
- New PET/CT diagnostic imaging at Medford.
- On-site, convenient lab services.
- Dedicated oncology pharmacy services.
- Infusion centers and injection bays with beautiful views and separate areas for cancer and non-cancer patients.
- Supportive services such as patient navigation, social work, dietary and others.
- Radiation oncology services introducing the latest innovative treatment capabilities.
- Opportunities to participate in clinical trials through our on-site Cancer Research Department.
“What this means for our patients is comprehensive diagnostic, treatment and supportive care services under one local, highly coordinated umbrella of care,” said Kristi Blackhurst, Asante vice president of Operations who oversees cancer services.
If you need answers for a personal work matter, please contact the author or department directly instead of leaving a comment.