Local nursing students could get a boost with scholarship
Ashland Community Hospital Foundation is currently accepting applications for the William G. & Ruth T. Evans Endowed Nursing Scholarship.
The scholarship provides financial assistance to qualified students pursuing a registered nursing degree from Oregon Health & Science University’s Ashland Campus at Southern Oregon University or Rogue Community College.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Intend to work in the Rogue Valley as a nurse
- Have been accepted to or are enrolled in a registered nursing degree program at OHSU Ashland Campus (SOU) or RCC
- Be a second- or third-year nursing student (juniors and seniors) in the OHSU three-year program or the RCC two-year program, or accepted to the OHSU accelerated Bachelor of Science program
- Be a current full-time student, or will be as defined by their program
- Be in good academic standing, with a nursing or prerequisite GPA of at least 3.0
The deadline to submit an application is 5 p.m., June 25. Apply at achfoundation.org.
The scholarship was established by Mrs. Ruth T. Evans to support local nursing students who intend to work in the Rogue Valley After graduation. Mrs. Evans served as an RN in the Army, married Dr. Williams Evans in 1947, and eventually moved to Ashland in 1998. She established the endowment after William’s death in 2002. Mrs. Evans died in 2013, leaving a bequest to the Ashland Community Hospital Foundation in excess of $2.5 million, and significantly increasing the capacity of the scholarship.
Last year, a record-setting $131,952 in scholarships was awarded to 29 students. Since its creation over 300 scholarships totaling more than $675,000 have been awarded to 240 nursing students.
If you have questions, (541) 482-0367 ext. 2 or email Stephanie Roland.
If you need answers for a personal work matter, please contact the author or department directly instead of leaving a comment.