Asante vaccinates more than 3,000 against COVID-19 so far
COVID-19 vaccinations are three weeks in, with more than 3,000 employees and others already receiving the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine. Employees working in Tier One and Tier Two departments — inpatient and outpatient departments whose jobs put them at the highest risk of contracting and transmitting COVID-19 — were among the first to receive the first of the required two doses.
Scheduling has now begun for Tier Three, which includes APP clinics, the Asante Health Network and other partners. Asante employees working remotely are in Tier Four, which is expected to open for appointments shortly.
If you’re scheduling an appointment, here are a few things to remember:
- The phone lines for scheduling may be busy. Please hold for an available representative. Do not call the operator or the general Employee Health line. The PSRs will get to your call as soon as possible.
- Please know your work schedule before you call.
- Asante recommends taking 24 to 48 hours off after your vaccination. This is not required.
- Watch this video before your scheduled vaccination appointment. Read the EUA facts.
In cooperation with the Oregon Health Authority, Asante has expanded its COVID-19 immunization program to the broader community. Non-Asante hospitals, clinics, long-term care facilities and other public service organizations can receive the vaccination at an Asante location as soon as this week. These entities fall under OHA’s vaccination sequencing plan, which aims to immunize higher-risk jobs and professions.
HOW TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
To schedule your appointment:
- Call (541) 789-2813 and select “Option 2.”
- Starting on Jan. 26, you may also schedule through MyChart
- You will be scheduled for your first and second dose of the vaccine.
- Scheduling hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Scheduling is not available outside these times.
If you need answers for a personal work matter, please contact the author or department directly instead of leaving a comment.