Your feedback helps us build a stronger culture of safety
The annual Culture of Safety Survey has been sent to employed providers and staff with a few changes from past years. Most significantly, Asante is now partnering with Professional Research Consultants to conduct the survey. PRC is the same vendor that administers our patient experience surveys.
PRC’s survey design will give us more detailed insight into Asante’s safety culture. For example, we can analyze responses according to individual units, shifts and job classifications.
- The survey assessment tools can be used to:
- Raise awareness about patient safety
- Assess the status of our patient safety culture
- Identify strengths and areas for improvement
- Evaluate trends in patient safety cultural changes over time
- Evaluate the cultural impact of patient safety initiatives and interventions
As you know, safety culture involves individual and groups beliefs, values, attitudes, perceptions, competencies and patterns of behavior that determine an organization’s commitment to quality and patient safety. Safety culture surveys help us measure the conditions that can lead to adverse events and patient harm. By improving our culture of safety, we can prevent errors and enhance our quality of care.
The survey is anonymous and takes about 10 minutes to complete. The deadline to submit the survey is Feb. 21.
If you’re an independent provider and would like to share your opinions on how we can make our culture safer, please email me.