Year-end deadlines are right around the corner
The leaves are falling, the days are shorter and the clock is ticking to meet year-end deadlines for flu vaccination, open enrollment and required Elements training.
If you’re not changing your health plan options, you don’t need to do anything. If you are, you’ll need to make your changes by 1 p.m. Monday, Nov. 15.
Open enrollment allows employees and their covered spouses to:
- Enroll or re-enroll in a flexible spending account, or FSA.
- Make changes to your current benefits.
- Add or remove eligible dependents from coverage.
- Cash out earned time off (ETO).
Go to myHR and click on the Open Enrollment widget to make changes. If you need help, call the Asante Benefits team at (541) 789-4551, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Flu vaccination or exemption
All employees and medical staff must comply with Asante’s flu immunization policy by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 30. That means you must:
- Get vaccinated at an Asante flu clinic, Asante primary care office, Asante pharmacy or the Asante Employee Health office, 2630 E. Barnett Road, Medford (in the Black Oak Center).
- Or provide proof of vaccination if you received the shot elsewhere by submitting an attestation form to Asante Employee Health.
- Or submit a declination form to Asante Employee Health if you cannot or choose not to be vaccinated.
Employees who are vaccinated at an Asante facility will receive their 2021-2022 badge ring, which shows they’ve been immunized. Those who got their shot outside Asante can pick up their badge ring at Asante Employee Health after providing proof of vaccination.
Employees must complete this required online curriculum by Friday, Dec. 31. The good news is that you can start now and proceed at your leisure before the deadline.
To find the courses:
- Go to ALEC (HealthStream) in your Web-Based Apps folder on your desktop.
- Log in with your Asante credentials.
- Open the “Elements 2021 Training” and follow the prompts.
You can complete all 13 courses over time or in one sitting. Managers are notified of employees who do not complete this mandatory training.
If you need answers for a personal work matter, please contact the author or department directly instead of leaving a comment.