Third-quarter PEAK results are in
The Productive Employees Achieving Key Goals program results have been calculated for the third quarter of fiscal year 2021, and the results are good to mixed. Thanks to a rally by Asante employees, we had 83% participation in the Employee Voice Survey by early Monday, surpassing the 80% goal. Flu vaccination however, ended the season below target.
You’ll recall that this year we have moved to Asante-wide PEAK measures. These will account for 100% of the PEAK program measures, which are designed to encourage employees across the system to work together to improve our performance.Provide the highest quality services
- Inpatient experience: We continue to focus on patient experience, and we continue to calculate inpatient experience using several domains of care. We missed the goal of 73.9% top box score with a result of 73% for fiscal year to date. (Top box scores reflect the percentage of patients who give nines and tens as their response to the survey.)
Maintain a healthy workforce and community
- Flu vaccinations: We are currently at 81.5% of employees who have received the flu shot. The herd immunity expectation for flu is 90%, so we did not hit that goal for the year.
Provide accessible services
- Consumer perception of APP access: With fiscal-year-to-date results of 67.2% of APP patients rating us in the top box, we are ahead of our goal of 66.1%. Continued work in the clinics and increased use of technology such as telemedicine and MyChart has added to these positive results.
- Operating margin: To ensure we’re working efficiently, Asante’s operating margin remains one of our performance measures. We are running at 3.5% for our operating margin fiscal year to date, well above the 2% minimum goal for a PEAK payout. It’s important that Asante achieve at least a 3% operating margin as set on the Balanced Scorecard, however, to honor our everyday work that helps to reduce waste and expenses and keeps us financially sound, we’ll maintain a 2% operating margin goal for the 2021 PEAK program. You’ll recall that Asante must meet the 2% operating margin for any PEAK award to be paid out at year’s end.
Build Asante’s team of the future
- Employee Voice Survey: Following last year’s model, we included a PEAK incentive tied to the response rate on the annual employee survey because we need to hear your concerns in addition to what we’re doing well. As of July 30, we hit our target of 80%! This level of participation puts us in the top rung of health care organizations for employee response rates.
More than 5,500 Asante employees are eligible for the PEAK program:
- An employee must be classified as regular full-time, regular part-time or flexible employee for at least one full fiscal quarter (hire date no later than July 1, 2021) and be employed at the time of the incentive payout.
- Full-time, part-time and flexible status is determined based on employee status as of Sept. 30 of the plan year.
- Regular full-time eligible employees receive 100% of the award.
- Regular part-time eligible employees receive 75% of the award.
- Flexible eligible workers who work at least four hours throughout the fiscal year receive 50% of the award.
- The first written corrective action an employee receives during the fiscal year will reduce the overall award amount by 40%.
- Each additional written corrective action an employee receives during the fiscal year will reduce the award by an additional 20%.
- PEAK achievements are tracked throughout the year but are based on annual targets and paid annually.
- Employees participating in other Asante incentive programs are not eligible to participate, including but not limited to: executives, directors, managers, physicians and advanced practitioners.
If you need answers for a personal work matter, please contact the author or department directly instead of leaving a comment.