Lose weight, improve your health with BodyFIT
To help employees learn healthy habits, lose weight and reduce their risk of developing a chronic condition, Asante is offering free courses as part of its BodyFIT program. The classes are open to eligible employees and dependents 18 and older.
The classes — one for medical weight management and another for risk-prevention — offer guidance on nutrition, physical activity, stress management, sleep management and behavior change. Both courses are based on behavioral and weight science and use fully integrated therapies (FIT) to:
- Improve your metabolic health (blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol and lipid profile, etc.), possibly reducing your need for medications
- Help you develop a non-dieting approach to healthy eating and nutrition
- Promote self-empowerment and self-responsibility
- Provide you with the tools for long-term lifestyle changes
- Achieve and maintain weight loss
- Develop peer-to-peer support to help manage setbacks and get back on track quickly
What’s the difference between the classes?
BodyFIT Risk Prevention program focuses on the “why” of weight loss. It is:
- For people with a BMI of 25 to 29.9
- One year long with optional long-term follow-up
- Led by certified health coaches
- Based on the CDC Diabetes Prevention curriculum
BodyFIT Medical Weight Management program focuses on the “how” of weight loss. It is:
- For people with a BMI of 30 or higher
- Six months long with optional long-term follow-up
- Led by a registered dietitian nutritionist
- Offered with additional medical benefits such as screenings for obstructive sleep apnea, well-being, weight-gain-related medications, and physical activity readiness; PCP notified of participation and progress
Who is eligible to attend classes?
The BodyFIT programs are open to any eligible Asante employee, spouse and dependents 18 or older covered by an Asante health plan. The courses are not intended for anyone who has had bariatric surgery, is pregnant or is trying to get pregnant.
All classes are via WebEx
BodyFIT Medical Weight Management
- 6 to 7 p.m. on Wednesdays starting Aug. 12
- Email for more details
- Register by Aug. 7 at [email protected]
BodyFIT Risk Prevention
- Next classes planned for September or October
- Class dates and detailed schedules are available after registration
- Inquire at [email protected]
If you need answers for a personal work matter, please contact the author or department directly.