Is DNV coming for a visit this summer?
Imagine hosting a last-minute surprise party at your home for a group of extremely meticulous individuals. Sound fun? A visit like this is similar to what hospitals experience when DNV arrives for a survey. This year will be a little different. DNV’s surveys will take place in late August or early September via WebEx due to COVID-19 distancing measures. Asante’s ISO survey also is scheduled via WebEx on July 13.
For the remote DNV survey, an advance-notice provision allows DNV and Asante to determine the IT format, documentation review and virtual sessions before the start of the survey.
A few areas of the survey will remain the same, such as:
- Closed meetings
- The reporting process
- The corrective action plan process
- Post-survey activity timeframes
- Nonconformity objective evidence process
The focus of this year’s survey undoubtedly will be emergency preparedness and infection prevention.
Are you asking yourself what I can do to get ready for our DNV survey? Do what you do every day: deliver high-quality patient care in the safest way possible. Oh, and please clean out the refrigerators on your unit.
What can leaders do to prepare for our DNV visit? First, take a look at the DNV Rounding Clinical Tools on the intranet to guide you through an audit of your unit.
Start to prepare your unit or area for the DNV visit now. Print your priority rounding tool, look around, ask your staff if there are any problems to be addressed.
The Accreditation Department is here to help. Several of us are trained as auditors and we have been working along the same path with the priority rounding tool. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to me. In the next few weeks, one of my team members or I will reach out to see what issues you may need assistance with. Together we can be DNV-ready every day.
What is DNV?
- Det Norske Veritas, a nongovernmental foundation based in Norway
- Began in 1864 as a classification society to rate the seaworthiness of ships
- The only accrediting body that combines Medicare conditions of participation with ISO 9001 quality management systems
What is ISO?
- International Organization for Standardization
- Sets standards for quality management
- Helps Asante meet statutory and regulatory requirements