First-quarter PEAK results: Most good; one needs improvement
The Productive Employees Achieving Key Goals (PEAK) program results have been calculated for the first quarter of fiscal year 2021, which ended in December. More than 5,500 Asante employees are eligible for the PEAK program.
You’ll recall that this year we moved to Asante-wide PEAK measures. These will account for 100% of the PEAK program measures, which are designed to encourage employees across the system to work together to improve our performance.
Provide the highest quality services
- Inpatient experience: We continue to focus on patient experience using several domains of care. We missed the goal of 73.9% top box score with a result of 73.1% for quarter one. Top box scores reflect the percentage of patients who give nines and 10s as their response to the survey.
Maintain a healthy workforce and community
- Flu vaccinations: It’s important to ensure we don’t see an outbreak of influenza during this flu season, so we are continuing to encourage all employees to get a flu shot before March 31. To date, 80.5% of employees have received the shot. The herd immunity expectation for flu is 90% — or 578 more employee immunizations — so we are still shy of that goal for the year.
Provide accessible services
- Consumer perception of access (APP): With first-quarter results of 67.6% of APP patients rating us in the top box, we are ahead of our goal of 66.1%. Continued work in the clinics and increased use of technology such as telemedicine and MyChart has added to these positive results.
- Operating margin: To ensure we’re working efficiently, Asante’s operating margin remains one of our performance measures. We are running at 3.4% for our operating margin in the first quarter, well above the 2% minimum goal. Like FY2020, Asante’s Balanced Scorecard set a target of at least a 3% operating margin. The goal for a year-end PEAK payout, however, is 2%.
Build Asante’s team of the future
- Employee Engagement Survey: Following last year’s model, a PEAK incentive will continue to be tied to the response rate on the annual Employee Engagement Survey. The more employees who complete the survey — which will be sent out in June — the better the odds of meeting our target of 80% participation or higher. We need to hear your concerns in addition to what we’re doing well. When you see more information in the spring about the survey, be sure to encourage your co-workers to make their voices heard.
To be eligible for PEAK:
- An employee must be classified as regular full-time, regular part-time or flexible employee for at least one full fiscal quarter (hire date no later than July 1, 2021) and be employed at the time of the incentive payout.
- Full-time, part-time and flexible status is determined based on employee status as of Sept. 30 of the plan year.
- Regular full-time eligible employees receive 100% of the award.
- Regular part-time eligible employees receive 75% of the award.
- Flexible eligible workers who work at least four hours throughout the fiscal year receive 50% of the award.
- The first written corrective action an employee receives during the fiscal year will reduce the overall award amount by 40%.
- Each additional written corrective action an employee receives during the fiscal year will reduce the award by an additional 20%.
- PEAK achievements are tracked throughout the year but are based on annual targets and paid annually.
- Employees participating in other Asante incentive programs are not eligible to participate, including but not limited to: executives, directors, managers, physicians and advanced practitioners.
If you need answers for a personal work matter, please contact the author or department directly.