Expect parking changes at ARRMC as construction begins
Parking on Asante Rogue Regional’s campus will be impacted by several construction projects starting this month. (Enlarge map.)
Parking spaces for lab couriers, MRI patients and doctors just south of the helipad will be closed through July 29 while crews prepare for the new — but temporary — home of inpatient pharmacy compounding. Work started Monday.
The 48-foot trailer will allow crews to remodel part of the pharmacy to bring compounding up to new federal codes, among other improvements.
A 72-foot crane will move the compounding trailer into the five courier spots on the west side of the lot on July 28. Physician parking under the helipad will be closed that day, but the emergency ramp and helipad will remain open.
One lane of Medical Center Drive will be closed just south of the Emergency Department entrance with flaggers in place for the day. Patient parking for MRI will resume on July 30.
The parking lot in front of Asante Imaging–Murphy will be closed starting July 27, but valet service will begin at its front door.
The east half of the lot will be saved for valet service, which patients can access by taking an immediate left after turning in from Murphy Road. The other half will be fenced off as crews start preparations for a new materials management ramp, made necessary by the location of the new patient pavilion.
The patient parking just north of that lot was closed on Monday for construction staging. The exit from the P1 parking garage that runs along the west side of that lot will remain open.
- Spaces near MRI that are blocked this week have been replaced with seven spaces just south of that, near the C Entrance. Parking under the helipad will be unavailable July 28 only during installation of the pharmacy trailer.
- The small physicians’ lot behind Imaging was closed on Monday to allow installation of a temporary 500-gallon diesel tank for the emergency boiler. Construction is expected to continue in this area on and off through February 2021.
Mark your calendars
Here’s what lies ahead as Asante Rogue Regional prepares for its new pavilion:
- When the state approves, remodeling of the Emergency Department begins
- Sept. 1 — Parking lot for corporate south of the Administration building closes.
- Oct. 1 — Main entrance moves to the south side. Admitting, valet and patient registration move to space formerly occupied by Employee Health.
- Oct. 1 — Shuttle begins from the P2 garage to the B Entrance on the south side.
- Nov. 1 — Murphy Road entrance to campus closes to prepare for new truck ramp and excavation for the pavilion. Driveway to valet for Imaging will remain open, however.
- Nov. 1 — Excavation for the pavilion begins.
Please contact the author or department directly if you have questions related to this article.