Employee benefits fair goes virtual this year
The open enrollment benefits fair returns this year, but this time it’ll take place online. As with the on-site fair, medical, dental and other benefits vendors will have “tables” that allow you to speak with representatives live, download more information and even get some giveaways.
The fairs take place Nov. 2, 5 and 10.
To enter a virtual “room,” simply click on the Learn More button under each vendor. You can join any or all of the 13 live webinars. The events won’t be recorded.
- Regence Wellness, featuring information on Regence Empower, Livongo diabetes program, Reliant Behavioral Health and MyStrength.
- Regence for medical and prescription benefits information.
- Journi, a health management service, which includes a mobile app with access to live care guides as well as MedSavvy, which helps you learn about your medications, talk to a pharmacist and find lower-cost prescription drugs.
- VSP, for vision coverage.
- Willamette Dental, which was added to Asante benefits two years ago.
- Asante Physician Partners and Asante Health Network, where you can learn about providers within the Asante Preferred Network, the lowest-cost health plan option.
- Guild Mortgage, a homebuying program for covered employees and spouses.
- Mercy Flights, where you can get a membership to cover the costs of air and ground ambulance that insurance doesn’t cover.
- HealthEquity, to learn about health savings accounts, health reimbursement accounts and flexible spending accounts.
- Fidelity, which administers Asante’s retirement plan.
- MetLife Auto & Home, for insurance coverage.
- The Standard, to learn about supplemental insurance.
- MetLife, which provides dental coverage and legal services.
The fair coincides with open enrollment, which takes place Nov. 1 through 13.
All employees are encouraged to re-evaluate their benefit elections annually to make sure their needs are being met. Open enrollment is passive, which means you’re required to participate only if you want to:
- Enroll or re-enroll in a flexible spending account (FSA) for 2021
- Make changes to your current benefits
- Add or remove eligible dependents from coverage
- Cash out earned time off (ETO)
Some changes are in store this year, with slight increases in premiums and greater coverage in other areas. Details about plans, pricing and more will be mailed to your home address in October.
All enrollments will be self-service via myHR and must be completed by 1 p.m., Friday Nov. 13. If you don’t participate in open enrollment your current benefits elections and covered dependents will automatically roll over to 2021. The exceptions are FSA elections and ETO cash-out, which must be reelected each year.
Employees and their covered spouse can earn credits toward their 2021 health plan premiums by completing Know Your Numbers by Dec. 31. This involves a biometric screening exam and an online health assessment in MyChart.
Speak to representatives from medical, dental and other benefits vendors live on:
- Monday, Nov. 2 — 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 5 — 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 10 — 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
During virtual exhibit hours, each vendor will open a public forum where you can discuss plan options with a live representative. Private chat sessions may also be available from vendors within online meeting rooms on a case-by-case basis.
To participate, you must have a computer, tablet or smartphone with a camera and sound. The webinars are not recorded.
If you have questions or encounter issues, please call (541) 789-4551 or email [email protected] using your Asante email account.
Please contact the author or department directly if you have questions related to this article.