Community support for Asante reaches record high
Asante Foundation raised a record $16.3 million in fiscal year 2021 toward ensuring Southern Oregon has access to quality health care over decades to come.
“This incredible support from donors demonstrates the trust and confidence our community has in Asante and the care our employees provide,” said Andrea Reeder, Asante Foundation director of Campaign and Operations.
The foundation has set several other records, too: the largest gift in Asante history — $5 million from Mary and Dick Heimann for the Heimann Cancer Center; and the second-best fundraising year for Oregon Wine Experience — $1.6 million, despite being mostly virtual for the second year in a row.
The foundation has raised $32 million total so far toward its $50 million AsanteForward campaign.
Asante is investing $1 billion in the community over the next decade to ensure 600,000 people over nine counties have access to critical care. Projects include:
- The Mary and Dick Heimman Cancer Center at 3011 E. Barnett Road in Medford, set to open in January.
- Expansion of the Helen K. Spears Cancer Center at Asante Three Rivers, also set to open in January.
- Construction of the six-story pavilion at Asante Rogue Regional, which will house a women’s and children’s hospital-within-a-hospital on the top two floors, as well as state-of-the-art operating suites and expanded cardiovascular services.
- Expansion of emergency departments at ARRMC and ATRMC.
- Remodel of the Behavioral Health Unit at ARRMC.
“We are grateful and amazed at how the community has come together to support and embrace Asante, its employees and our mission,” Reeder said.
Get the latest on Asante’s major construction projects.
If you need answers for a personal work matter, please contact the author or department directly instead of leaving a comment.