Asante Rogue Regional’s ED, kitchen get a makeover
Two important projects at Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center will begin this month: expansion of the Emergency Department on Aug. 19 and remodeling of the hospital kitchen on Aug. 31, allowing both to handle more patients once the new pavilion opens in 2023.
In the Emergency Department’s first phase of remodeling, triage will move to four temporary stalls where the children’s play area is now. ED registration also will be relocated to that area. In subsequent phases, the department will expand to where Admitting is now, with completion expected in spring 2021.
The kitchen remodel will include new equipment, two additional cash registers and a redesigned inpatient food line so that the operation will be able to service both the existing bed tower and the new pavilion. That work is expected to wrap up by early November.
Also happening on campus
A new power line to service the pavilion is being installed underground from the pond along Medical Center Drive down to Siskiyou Boulevard, along Siskiyou and across Murphy Road, where it will connect into existing power.
The south portion of Corporate parking will close Sept. 1. There are corporate visitor spots designated in the new garage at Siskiyou Boulevard and Murphy Road. New physician parking spaces will open up near the East Barnett Road entrance Sept. 21.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- Sept. 21: Admitting, cashier and valet move to Entrance B at the south side of hospital (was originally set for Sept. 15)
- Oct. 1: Entrance A closes
- By Oct. 1: Patient and visitor shuttle service set to begin from P2 parking garage to Entrance B
- Oct. 15: North side of campus closes to all but construction traffic and Imaging valet
- November: Pavilion breaks ground
- Fall 2023: Pavilion opens
If you need answers for a personal work matter, please contact the author or department directly instead of leaving a comment.