Asante News Online FAQs
Welcome to Asante employees’ digital front door! AsanteNews online is the latest advance in our communications, with a mobile-friendly platform that offers timely news and information when and where you want it. Information is updated daily, so bookmark the site and check back often!
How do I find articles on the site?
Content appears under several categories:
- Top and Featured Stories. These are breaking news items and systemwide developments.
- Employees. You’ll find items related to employee benefits, internal events, workplace, monthly Values in Action awards, employee anniversaries, news about your co-workers, etc.
- Community. Content includes geographically sorted campus news, community events, fundraisers and the work of Asante foundations.
- Clinical Care. News for providers, nurses and other caregivers appears in this section. You’ll find content for APP, hospital quality, safety initiatives, COVID-19 news and more.
- Growth. Check here for the latest on campus expansions, new building projects and the other ways Asante is growing to serve the community.
- Wellness. Employees fitness challenges, self-help webinars, nutrition demonstrations and other programs sponsored by Asante Health Promotion appear here. Also, look for resilience and mindfulness resources for providers.
- Innovation. This section contains articles about new technology Asante is adopting, ITS security, new medical equipment and other developments.
- In the News. Whenever Asante is featured in the media, we’ll post links here.
You can browse any of these sections or simply click on a keyword in the Tags block on the right side of the page for specific content.
Why do some links require a login?
Links with a lock symbol indicate they are privacy-protected or posted within the Asante network. If you’re at your Asante workstation, no login is required. If you’re reading on your phone, however, the links may appear broken or in some cases will require Duo authentication.
Are there restrictions on what articles I can share?
Employees are expected to follow Asante’s social media policy and refrain from sharing anything that would compromise a patient’s or employee’s privacy.
Will I still get Asante News?
The newsletter will continue to publish weekly, although the links now go to online posts instead of pdfs. The newsletter will still be sent to your Asante email address, so if you want to access it at home, make sure to hit the Subscribe button to add your personal email address.
Can I print stories?
Yes, the site’s layout is responsive. From your desktop or laptop, simply right-click on an article and choose Print from the pulldown menu.
How do I find past articles?
To look for stories, type a keyword into the search bar on the upper right corner of the site. Asante News articles published before the site was launched on July 6, 2020, can be found in the Archives section on the site.
Where can I find the VIAs and employee anniversaries?
Scroll to the Employee section and you’ll find the most recent VIAs and Asanteversaries. To protect employees’ privacy, these pages require Duo authentication if you’re reading from outside the network.
Where are the classified ads?
Classifieds were discontinued when the employee intranet, myAsanteNET, moved to a new platform. If you have questions about classifieds, contact Asante ITS.
Who manages this site?
Asante Communications and Marketing maintains Asante News Online. Content is supplied by employees and departments from throughout the system.
Can I request an item to be posted on the site?
The site has an interactive form where you can upload your content and images. To find the form, hover your cursor over About in the top navigation bar, then choose Submit Content. You’ll find instructions and a submission guide. (All material posted on the site will be edited for clarity and in accordance with Asante’s editorial style and brand guides.)
Can I just send you a pdf to post?
This site avoids pdfs for lots of reasons (they can’t be altered and the keywords aren’t searchable). It’s better to send us a Word version and we’ll convert to a web article.
Questions? Email us at [email protected].
If you need answers for a personal work matter, please contact the author or department directly instead of leaving a comment.