Asante Foundation receives record gift to cancer center
Asante Foundation has received the largest gift in the history of our health system, a $5 million commitment from local leaders and philanthropists Mary and Dick Heimann. In recognition of their generosity, the new regional cancer center building in Medford will be named the Heimann Cancer Center. Heimann Cancer Center will join Spears Cancer Center as part of the Asante Regional Cancer Institute.
“For the community that we love, we wanted to do something that will leave a legacy,” said Dick Heimann, co-founder and vice chairman-emeritus of Lithia Motors. “The services and conveniences will provide excellence in medical care within this facility and will have a tremendous impact on so many people.”
The gift marked a critical milestone in the foundation’s AsanteForward campaign. In its third year, the $50 million capital campaign has now surpassed $25 million.
The Asante Regional Cancer Institute aims to transform the state of cancer care with the new Medford facility, located off Doctors Park Drive east of ARRMC, and the expanded Spears Cancer Center in Grants Pass.
In the Heimann Cancer Center, patients will have all of their necessary services and treatments under one roof:
- Infusion services area to deliver chemotherapy and specialized treatments with exceptional comfort and expansive views
- Radiation oncology with top-of-the-line technology to deliver the most precise radiation
- Exam rooms and physician offices organized for enhanced communication among providers, patients and caregivers
- Offices for visiting specialists and sophisticated video conferencing capabilities to facilitate care coordination between all providers on the care team
- Onsite PET/CT services to increase cancer diagnosis and tumor staging capabilities
- State-of-the-art meeting space for tumor board collaboration, conferences and after-hours public use including support groups and informative classes
Keep track of this project and others on the Asante Construction Projects page.
If you need answers for a personal work matter, please contact the author or department directly.