ARRMC to move its main entrance to the south side
Things are going to look a lot different at Asante Rogue Regional come Sept. 21, when the main entrance moves to the south side to make way for the new six-story patient pavilion. Hospital Entrance A, which faces Siskiyou Boulevard, will close completely that day, 10 days earlier than originally planned.
- Admitting and cashier will move to new digs where Employee Health and other offices used to be just down the hallway from Hospital Entrance B. Valet and the front desk will also move to Entrance B, which fronts East Barnett Road.
- Patients and visitors will be encouraged to use the free valet service provided by Towne Park or park in the P2 parking garage near the Smullin Center.
- A shuttle for patients and visitors will run every 10 minutes from the Smullin Center to Entrance B.
- Employees should park in the new P1 garage and walk to a new employee entrance near the Family Birth Center. They can also use the parking lots south and west of P2.
- New physician parking spots will be added in the lot just to the east of the entrance off Barnett.
- Entrance A will close on Sept. 21. The date was moved up from Oct. 1 to avoid possible confusion among patients and visitors for those 10 days after the entrance moved.
- The new pavilion will break ground Nov. 1 and is expected to open in 2023.
The move will allow crews to begin digging at Entrance A for the 323,600-square-foot pavilion. At a cost of $420 million, it’s a large part of Asante’s $1 billion investment in Jackson and Josephine counties over the next decade to improve access to health care for the 600,000 residents in Asante’s service area. See more about the pavilion here.
Other projects include the new regional cancer center near the Rogue campus and expansion of the Emergency Department and Spears Cancer Center at Asante Three Rivers. For more information on these projects, visit Asante.org.
With all the construction going on, it’s imperative to keep a sharp eye out for anyone looking lost or confused. Help them find their way.
If you need answers for a personal work matter, please contact the author or department directly.