ARRMC earns five-star CMS rating again
For the third time Asante Rogue Regional has earned the top, five-star rating from CMS for Overall Hospital Quality. ATRMC and AACH also were
awarded five stars.
Only 10 of the 64 Oregon hospitals evaluated earned this coveted ranking,
which recognizes high performance on key quality metrics. Asante accounted for three of those hospitals. This places us in the top 8.9 percent of more than 4,500 Medicare-certified hospitals in the United States. The average rating is three stars.
The results were posted on Hospital Compare on Jan. 28. CMS examines more than 100 quality measures, including:
- Mortality (heart attack, CABG, COPD, heart failure, pneumonia, stroke, complications)
- Safety of care (HAIs, hip/knee replacement complications, serious complications)
- Readmission (heart attack, CABG, COPD,
heart failure, pneumonia, stroke,
- Patient experience (nurse/doctor
communication, pain control, medications,
willingness to recommend)
- Effectiveness of care (flu vaccination, left
without being seen, immediate
stroke/heart attack intervention and
- Timeliness of care (ED wait times)
- Efficient use of medical imaging
A hospital summary score is calculated by taking the weighted average of these group scores.
This achievement is another in a string of recognitions. This past April, Asante was listed as one of the 15 Top Health Systems in the nation for the seventh time by IBM Watson Health. In December, ARRMC earned a spot among the 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals in the United
These honors are the result of your dedication, and that of our bedside caregivers, to follow the best clinical practices with every patient, every time. Thank you.
ARRMC outperforms the nation in: