Are you the next voice of Asante?
If you’ve called any of our phone lines you’ve heard the many recorded messages offering instructions on how to reach providers, reminders to get a flu shot and dozens more.
The recordings were made by Asante’s own Jerrye Wright, who has been the “voice of Asante” for the past three years. With Wright’s imminent retirement as director of nursing at Asante Ashland, the search is on for the next voice of Asante!
Asante Contact Center, which manages the system’s recorded messages, is holding auditions for any Asante employee who wants to be the voice our patients and community hear when they call our phone lines.
“We considered using professional voice talent,” said Patty Kroloff, director of the Contact Center. “But it seemed more appropriate to use someone from within the Asante family.”
To be considered, you must:
- Be a full- or part-time Asante employee in good standing.
- Get clearance from your immediate supervisor, since there are many messages to record and the process involves a time commitment.
- Be available to record messages on short notice.
- Audition by calling (541) 789-0098 to leave a recorded message.
- State your name, job title and department.
- Read the following script: “Thank you for calling Asante Physician Partners. This call may be recorded for training purposes. If you are an existing patient, please press 1. If you are a new patient to Asante Physician Partners, please press 2.”
The deadline to submit your recording is 5 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 28. A panel of judges will listen to each submission and narrow the finalists to five auditioners. The winner will be chosen by Asante employees.
The position doesn’t pay, but the winner gets bragging rights and the distinction of being the voice of Asante!
If you have questions, email Patty Kroloff or call (541) 789-5302.