App-based employee screening goes live
If you’re wondering what those QR codes are doing on the entrances of our hospitals, clinics and office buildings, think of them as a fast-pass to entry. On Wednesday, Asante launched app-based employee COVID-19 screening, which allows staff to bypass hospital screening lines and avoid signing in on office logbooks.
Instead, employees can attest to their health on a mobile app any time before coming to work. Once on-site, they’ll use the app to scan the unique QR code near the door. (The code helps with contact tracing.)
To get started:
- Download the Now Mobile app from Service Now wherever you get your apps.
- Open the app and complete the one-time registration. You’ll use the address asante.service-now.com, nickname Asante.
- Log in using your Asante email address and password (Duo authenticated).
- Under “Browse Services,” tap Health Verification to complete the questionnaire.
- If you have any symptoms or are unsure of an answer, call Asante Employee Health at (541) 789-3674.
When you arrive at work:
- Go to an entrance with a QR code posted at the door.
- Wear a mask and sanitize your hands.
- Open the app, tap the scan icon and capture the posted QR code.
- Within the app, select the type of mask you’re wearing.
- When you see a confirmation appear, you’re clear to enter.
If you don’t have a smartphone, use one of the entrances with screeners.
To avoid lines at QR code entrances it’s best to complete the health assessment before you arrive at work. If a line does form, maintain a six-foot distance from others.
“This solution helps alleviate screening lines or log books at Asante entrances while ensuring greater physical distancing,” said Robert Begg, vice president of Human Resources. “Thanks for doing your part to keep our patients and each other safe from COVID-19.”
If you have a question, please contact the author or relevant department directly.