2023 open enrollment closes at 1 p.m., Nov. 15
Open enrollment closes at 1 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 15.
All employees are encouraged to re-evaluate their benefits elections annually to make sure their needs are being met. Open enrollment is passive, which means you’re required to participate only if you want to:
- Enroll or re-enroll in a flexible spending account (FSA) for 2023.
- Make changes to your current benefits.
- Add or remove eligible dependents from coverage.
- Cash out earned time off. (A new policy allows you to cash out your accrued ETO up to four times in 2023!)
- Elect new short-term disability coverage if your current policy has a seven-day waiting period.
All enrollments are self-service via myHR. When you submit yours, you’ll receive a confirmation statement emailed to your Asante email address.
If you don’t participate in open enrollment your current benefits elections and covered dependents will automatically roll over to 2023. The exceptions are FSA elections and ETO cash-out, which must be reelected each year. Because of Paid Leave Oregon, the seven-day waiting period for short-term disability coverage will no longer be available after Dec. 31. 2022. Employees who want short-term disability coverage may elect the 14-day or 30-day waiting period options during open enrollment.
For more information about open enrollment and benefits fairs, contact Asante Benefits. You can also submit a case in the Ask HR section of myHR.
If you need answers for a personal work matter, please contact the author or department directly instead of leaving a comment.